|Full Name ||Yirong Xiong |
|Date of Birth ||5th July 1996 |
|Languages ||English, Mandarin |
2021 - 2023
M.Sc in Neural Information Processing
Universität Tübingen, Tübingen, Germany
2018 - 2021
M.Sc in Psychology
Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China
2014 - 2018
B.Sc in Information Management and Information System
Sun Yat-Sen University, Guangdong, China
2023 - present
Morphology and activity of head direction cells
Institute for Neurobiology, Dr. Andrea Burgalossi
2022 - 2023
Dissociated aperiodic and periodic neural dynamic
Department of Computer Science, Dr. Anna Levina (Martius)
- Dissociated aperiodic and periodic neural dynamics using LFP data from V1 and V4 in spatial visual attention task.
2022 - present
Rate-distortion theory as a model of human representation learning
Cluster of Excellence "Machine Learning”, Dr. Charley Wu
- Designed an online compositional bandit experiment for representation learning.
- Designed an online experiment for value-based memory.
Juvenile song detection
Max Planck Institute For Ornithology, Dr. Daniela Vallentin
- Designed juvenile song detection pipeline using DAS.
- Designed UMAP interactive tool to check annotation efficiently.
2021 - 2022
UMAP labeling tool & Pitch learning model project
Institute for Neurobiology, Dr. Lena Veit
- Developed a Web-based tool for visualizing and relabeling syllables (Github link).
- Disentangled factors in context-based pitch learning using regression models.
2018 - 2021
Corpus Callosum Topography Based on dMRI
State Key Laboratory of Cognitive Neuroscience and Learning, Dr. Gaolang Gong
- Developed a track-generating and filtering pipeline using Mrtrix3. Obtained fibers passing through the corpus callosum and connecting left and right hemispheres.
- Generated individual corpus callosum topography based on HCP S1200 Database, and established group-averaged validated topographic maps with different weighting methods.
- Designed a Web-based tool-CCmapping to provide full and interactive access to the topographic result using Three.js, WebGL, and Node.js.
Open Source Projects
- a Web-based tool to visualize the topographic result of corpus callosum.
Honors and Awards
- IMPRS stipends (monthly funding for IMPRS 5-Year MSc/PhD program)
Neural mechanism of learning
- in a computational neuroscience perspective
- hopefully combining hyperbolic models
Structural and functional characteristic of network
- Hobbies: Electronic keyboard, marathon, birdwatching